The Feroform rolls for cold rolling mills have already been supplied to leading cold rolling mills worldwide. Alongside cold rolling, the long-life Feroform rolls are also successfully installed for diverse strip processing applications. This includes galvanizing, tin-plating, coloring, and transport/handling.
Feroform rolls for cold rolling mills have a non-marking surface. They are ideal for both stainless steel rolling mills and for carbon/mild steel.
The fibre-reinforced Feroform rolls are a superior replacement for both steel and polyurethane (PU) rolls. Feroform rolls do not pick up contaminants.
The benefits of cost-saving Feroform rolls over steel rolls include:
- Feroform rolls increase revenues for users. They are non-marking and thus protect final metal quality.
- Feroform rolls keep metal strip under good tension. The specially designed friction level of Feroform rolls maintains preferred strip tension.
- Feroform rolls eliminate lengthy downtimes on-site. They are durable and impact-resistant.
- Feroform rolls do not need the time-consuming grinding and cleaning which is associated with metal rolls.
The fibre-reinforced Feroform rolls are a superior replacement for both steel and polyurethane (PU) rolls. Feroform rolls for cold rolling mills operate up to 450 °C.
The benefits of the long-life Feroform rolls over rubber / PU rolls include:
- Feroform rolls reduce materials costs on-site. They last longer than rubber/PU by as much as 8 – 10 times.
- Feroform rolls thus avoid the need for frequent replacement thanks to their longer life.
- Feroform rolls help to improve strip surface quality. Their strong formulation avoids wear. Thus avoids damage by keeping the strip away from internal roll material.
- Feroform rolls also avoid costly plant downtime by being maintenance-free.
There are two material grades on offer depending on application. Feroform F57 operates over 100 °C, and Feroform T14 under 100 °C. The unique blend of finely-woven high-performance fibres builds an extremely tough, smooth, and resilient roll.
Our rolls have already been successfully used by many leading manufacturers around the world.