RAILKO and FEROFORM products are THE industry standard for railway wear parts and components worldwide and specified by all major passenger railway OEMs for use in high speed trains, intercity commuter trains, metros, trams and light rail.
Our high-performance bearings are lightweight and thus widely used by all leading locomotive manufacturers in demanding applications such as, suspension bushes, suspension washers, centre pivot plates, side sliding plates and engine coupling washers. RAILKO and FEROFORM materials excel in very difficult working environments, even in high salt and dust concentrations along coastal lines and in arid desert.
The components give full protection to vital parts in locomotives, helping to maintain high efficiency and performance levels across the 40 year lifetime of a locomotive. Moreover, they are lightweight , 1/3 the weight of steel parts, and thus greatly reduce fuel consumption.
FEROFORM T814 is the leading bearing solution for replacing metallic bearings with a lubricant free solution for locomotives. FEROFORM T814 will not seize or pressure weld. Its dry running capability minimizes maintenance requirements.
Availability: To suit pipe sizes 15-169mm (PVC, HDPE, Copper, Steel)
- Zero creep, heavy duty material able to withstand high loads
- High temperature resistance
- No need for external greasing or oil lubrication
- Long service life
- Ability to operate in tough demanding conditions such as salt, dusty and sandy conditions
INTERCITY COMMUTER RAIL
By installing our components, leading OEMs and rail operators are able to constantly increase capacity of modern networks. These reliable products offer better protection to keep rolling stock operating at high levels.
In intercity commuter trains, Feroform and Railko materials are used as Scharfenberg coupler bushes, window wiper bushes, corridor end face plates, gangway tread plates, door opening system bushes, and air spring system plates.
Major rail systems benefit from our products, including Bombardier Aventra trains for UK Cross Rail, Bombardier AGC trains for SNCF, and Bombardier REGIO 2N double decker trains used by SNCF.
- Market-Leading Wear Performance
- Fully Certified to EU Fire Safety Regulation EN 45545
- Low, Controlled Friction Levels
- Lower Operational Train Noise
- Excellent Reliability
- Increased Safety via Superior Load Bearing Capacity
- Approved by All Major Rail OEMs and Authorities
- High Dimensional Stability for Improved Efficiency
- Components Designed, Tailored to Your Exact Needs
- Easy to Machine, Fit, and Install
- High Temperature Resistant
- High Corrosion Resistance
- Full Protection for Diverse Train and Bogie Parts